Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Randomizing my randomness

So, you know how sometimes life interferes with blogging? Yep, that's my story these days. A new work project I'm involved in has radically altered my schedule. Sadly, that means my writing schedule has changed too. Rather than give up the blog totally, which would make me very, very sad, I've decided the best solution is to blog randomly...on a regular basis. Meaning rather than doing daily Odds and Ends posts, I'm just going to just do mini posts -- hopefully every day -- about random things that I hope you find as amusing or weird as I do.

So first up, have you seen this bit with "Lost" characters explaining how to make a sandwich? I especially love this explanation from Kate:

Kate
1. Make separate sandwiches, one with peanut butter and one with jelly
2. Take a bite of the peanut butter sandwich, declaring it the best
3. Take a bite of the jelly sandwich, declaring it the best
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 ad infinitum
5. Follow peanut butter or jelly sandwich into grave danger

And this one for Danielle:

Danielle
1. Apply peanut butter
2. Disappear for eight months
3. Apply jelly
4. Disappear for eight months
5. Eat sandwich

And my imaginary island boyfriend, Ben:

Ben
1. Steal someone else’s sandwich
2. Claim you coerced them into making the sandwich for you all along
3. Say you’ll tell them everything if they make you another sandwich
4. Stare at them all creepy-like

Oh man, I can't wait for "Lost" to return and thank God that whole State of the Union nonsense won't be getting in the way. Fantasy island mysteries before politics -- all the way!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am always up for quick bits of awesome & amusing random. :D

I'm so glad our President knows he shouldn't mess with us nerds. I've been having a LOST marathon which has gotten me even more excited and emotional for the final season. Bring it on, Darlton!

Unknown said...

Glad you aren't going away! I don't know what I'd do without your blog - it's my guide to all things geeky/nerdy! :)

crone51 said...

someone should do that sandwich thing wit BSG characters.

Starbuck: ::poof::

Unknown said...

It seems to be the new trick for me to sandwich and the bits you are making here. I am new at sandwich making but I will surely try to make by your style. Thanks for it.
buy r4

annie said...

This post cracked me up way more than it should've.


Maybe.

*stares at you creepily*