Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Nimoy and pie! Two delicious things that taste great...no wait, that's creepy.

In honor of Leonard Nimoy, who yesterday announced his retirement from acting, I offer you this link to the Tumblr site "Nimoy Sunset Pie." You know how the title sounds kind of crazy and surreal? The site does not disappoint! For example, we have:

If I could fill my brain with awesome things every day, they would all look like this. I'm trying to think of a way I could get this tramp-stamped on my person.

Also, now I'm hungry...and want to watch "Fringe."

So long, Leonard. You were the most talented and least crazy member of the original "Star Trek" cast, and I always loved you for it. That and you always knew how to fill out a blue velour shirt. Le rowr and prosper, my friend.

Thank you to Ruth for the link!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I'd seen this before Selleck, Waterfall, Sandwich - it's a little anticlimactic when you know what to expect :( That said, it makes me inordinately happy that Nimoy signs off all his Tweets with "LLAP".

Nightfall said...

I am overwhelmed by the sheer awesomeness and absurdity. The Kobayashi Meringue Scenario was totally worth the click over.

Anonymous said...

You are an absolute goddess for posting this. My life is now complete. And I had thought the day couldn't get any better after http://hijinksensue.com/2010/04/21/avengers-get-all-assembley/

CrazyCris said...

I hope he got a couple more episodes of Fringe in before he announced this retirement! What about our Bishop-Bell face-off?!?!?!

Amauriel said...

To the Fringe watchers...he is saying that although it will be his final role, he will continue to play in Fringe for the time being. At least, that's what the article I found yesterday said.

Meg said...

Sweet! The tramp stamp reference made me cry!

crone51 said...

I am forever indebted to my daughter for,well,many things actually, but in particular for directing me to the Nimoy pie site. She is a goddess.

Isn't it wonderful?

Ruth

Frisco Squid said...

Hey, do you remember the "Where in the World is Carmen SanDiego?" television show? The one of Carmen's henches that was always sent to steal the interplanetary objects was named... Nimoy. I would have taken it as an honor. I wonder how he feels about that use of his name.

Ash said...

Sad to hear this, he was my favorite (next to Kirk) in the original series as well...

Anonymous said...

Great post sharing dude. I like your analogy. Its awesome. Thanks.

Watch Fringe Episodes