Friday, January 04, 2008

News of the Day

+ If you're into massive multiplayer online games or as the acronym enthusiasts call them, MMOGs, and you love Firefly, boy, are you in for a treat! The Multiverse network, Inc., recently announced that Firefly will be transformed into a MMOG that will be available for play later this year.

“Fox’s Firefly series is set in an incredibly rich and exciting universe. It’s going to make a very compelling and unique online experience filled with adventure, humor, and mystery,” said Corey Bridges, Multiverse co-founder and Executive Producer. “It’s our hope that Firefly’s passionate and dedicated community of fans will enjoy the chance to become part of the story as they develop and explore the worlds of Firefly.”

Oooooh. All I can say is, there better be a virtual shop where my virtual me can buy an orange Jayne hat.

[From the Samurai Gunslinger]

+ I missed the return of the late night talk shows the other night...and then missed them again last night. If you missed them, too, Defamer put together a helpful video so you can compare and contrast which hosts did better -- those with writers or those without. I gotta say, whether this whole thing ends well or not, at least we got Conan and Dave and their sexy strike beards.

+ The marketing folks for "Lost" launched another one of those crazy, head-scratching viral websites that I like so much. It's been launch under the guise that Oceanic Air is returning to the skies. The husband of a lost Flight 815 stewardess is not so happy about it. Check it out at www.flyoceanicair.com. And don't forget to check out the press release available at the bottom of the page. Is it wrong that I enjoy being yanked around like this by a TV show?

+ Gawker ran a funny item yesterday about how just mentioning Ron Paul in your blog will boost your traffic and how people are exploiting that, which I think is just disgraceful. So disgraceful, in fact, I'm going to have to mention his name again. Here it comes: Al Gore may have invented the internet, but Ron Paul has hijacked the damn thing. Now excuse me, I have to go check my site meter.

+ Has anyone ever read the Max and Pinky graphic novels? I'd never heard of it before yesterday when NPR ran a story on its creator. I'm intrigued. It looks cute.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did someone just mention Ron Paul?

I am a supporter of Ron Paul and I am pissed that John McCain, the guy who wants to regulate the Internet, beat him by 3000 votes in Iowa.

Spread the word that, if you want freedom, you will vote for Ron Paul.

Steve B said...

Oh sweetie, this was not a good idea. It's bad enough I have to see Ron Paul signs written on the back of Pizza boxes with poor spelling and poor penmanship hanging on overpasses on the way to work each day, but now your blog will be invaded by "Vote for Ron "Do you like my tinfoil hat?" Paul"

Liz said...

Sorry, sweetie, I couldn't help myself. Besides, it's all in the name of science. :)