Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday Odds & Ends: Barrowman & Beyonce, Ejiofor, Stephen King and the garden jawa

+ It's Friday and we could all use a little pick-me-up, right? So let's settle back and watch this hilarious video of John Barrowman dancing to Beyonce's "Single Ladies." Whoever made this, I love them very, very much.



+ Here's an interview with Chiwetel Ejiofor on his role in "2012." I skimmed the article and he doesn't once use the phrase "I can't believe I was in 'Serenity' and now I'm in this, what the hell??" so kudos on the restraint there.

+ Thousands of Stephen King fans apparently took part in an enormous game of hide and seek, stashing bits and pieces of King's new novel, "Under the Dome," all over London.

+ Don't forget, Wes Anderson's "Fantastic Mr. Fox" opens today in limited release, and the reviews have been pretty stellar, including this one from Cinema Blend.

+ My neighbor's head would explode in rage if I got one of these...which makes it all the more tempting. Yes, my friends, someone has created Garden Jawas. Instead of gnomes, you can plant these plucky little fellows all over your front yard. I love how he has garden tools stashed in his utility belt. Genius!

10 comments:

Sandy said...

THANK YOU for the video!

Michele said...

That vid is PRICELESS!

Liz said...

Isn't it great? I've watched it a dozen times and it still makes me laugh.

Michele said...

I'm up to four viewings - so far!!

Unknown said...

Dear God I love Captain Jack!!! That just made my whole day. And Garden Jawa's I need that.

onepinkshoe said...

I can die happy having seen that video. I am a ridiculous fangirl for JB.

ducKy Boyd said...

That. Video. Is. Disturbing. Yet. Fascinating. Like a car accident. I couldn't look away. :)

cl said...

I think I'm going to start every morning with that video. Instant smile.

Also, I need a garden jawa. And I don't even have a yard.

Anonymous said...

Oh my lord that is magical and possibly came directly from heaven. WIN.

Soph-Serve said...

i am obsessed with garden gnomes, and now i can have one that also shows off my affinity for all things geek? yay!