Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Sex Pistols reunite for live show; Sid Vicious still dead

Yes, Green Day the Sex Pistols are reuniting yet again, this time in celebration of the 30th anniversary of their legendary album, "Never Mind the Bollocks." I will admit that I'm a big fan of the Sex Pistols not only because I think they accidentally changed rock music forever but also because I think John Lydon is hilarious. Oh, and also because I love "Sid and Nancy," which features one of my all-time favorite lines: "What about the farewell drugs??!" This leads me to suggest that the Sex Pistols make this event worth my while and hire Gary Oldman to play Sid Vicious for the duration of the show, which my punk rock watch tells me should last 27 minutes before some form of faux rioting breaks out and/or until Johnny Rotten propels a bodily fluid onto a nearby police officer. Oh nostalgia, you make me smile.

No comments: