Thursday, April 09, 2009

At least they don't have to pay their designer...unless he also built a time machine

Have you seen the previews for Discovery Channel's new show, "Doing DaVinci?" I'm totally intrigued by this and actually find myself wondering why it hasn't been done before? (Or has it and I just don't know?) The show seems to owe a bit to "Mythbusters" in that it's got a bunch of handy guys building cool things, but the twist with this one is that it's a bunch of handy guys building cool things designed by Leonardo DaVinci...using tools and materials from DaVinci's time. According to the Discovery Channel web site, the team's going to tackle the following projects: an armored tank, a siege ladde, a scythe chariot and a 15th-century multi-cannon machine gun.

If the damn site would let me embed video, I'd have some cool clips to show you but alas, you'll just have to take my word for it...or travel all the way over to their web site and watch them there.

"Doing DaVinci" -- which would be a promisingly dirty title over on MTV -- airs at 10 p.m. on Monday, April 13. I'm setting my DVR now!

No comments: