Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Odds and Ends: Obama and "BSG," more "Star Trek," and GA distracts self with Eccy's waggly ears and more "Star Trek"

+ I loved this Onion article, "Obama Depressed, Distant Since 'Battlestar Galactica' Series Finale." Is it wrong that I'd kind of like this to be true?

+ Gillian Anderson will attempt to forget the horror that was "The X-Files: I Want to Believe" by starring alongside "Doctor Who"'s Christopher Eccleston in a production of Ibsen's "A Doll's House" from May through July in London. BTW, this version ends with Nora and Neil waving to the audience from a row boat floating in a puddle across the street. (That's for those of you who sat through the end of "I Want to Believe" credits.)

+ Rumors are flying that a sequel to the upcoming J.J. Abrams "Star Trek" flick is already in the works. On a related note, Shatner is preparing to be shocked at his lack of inclusion...again.

+ The year 2011 was looking to be kind of dull until I read this: Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright are preparing another film, the third in their so-called "Blood and Ice Cream" trilogy after "Shaun of the Dead" and "Hot Fuzz." I'm going to buy a 2011 calendar just to pencil this in.

+ Robert Downey Jr. (Le Rowr) talks about his upcoming "Sherlock Holmes" flick. I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to this...and not just because of the impending Downey pecs. Okay...maybe a little bit because of the pecs.

1 comment:

crone51 said...

I am still laughing from the Family Guy TNG episode. Hilarious.

Loved your line about GA and Eccleston and the boat...

I am also having severe BSG withdrawal. We should start a support group and invite the Prez to join. After he saves the world, of course.