Tuesday, December 04, 2007

News of the Day

+ If you do just one thing you do for yourself today, please let it be this: watching a video of two-legged robots - including a kick-ass penguin - fighting each other. They do their own versions of the whole "float like a butterfly, sting like a bee" dance, and I think I love them.

+ Did you hear they found a dinosaur fossil with skin? (No Bea Arthur jokes.) Here's what the dermally-enhanced critter looks like:


I think it looks like a tire track, which may explain why I'm not one of those paleontologists. Also, I would call everything we dug up "Barney." That's another reason.

+ I always knew recycling could be more exciting than just pulling wet Delmonte labels off of cans. Look at what this creative cat-loving, computer-gutting person made out of an old monitor and a feline:


+ For days, I was seeing these bright red eyes staring out at me from the TV every time I watched a show on Fox. Naturally, I assumed some sort of alien spirit was hunting me down and simply re-adjusted my tin foil hat. Now, though, I find it was just an advertisement for the new series, "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles," which I mentally pooh-poohed until I found out it stars Summer Glau from "Firefly." And look, she's joined Cirque Du Soleil:


Is it weird that I think her legs are telling me they're "this many" days old?

+ And finally, and perhaps most important of all, The Spice Girls have reunited...

...as The Village People. Welcome back, 1978!

No comments: