Monday, October 19, 2009

Monday Odds & Ends: Pushing Daisies, V, Neil Patrick Harris, Halloween and build a critter

+ I have no idea how I missed this before, but did you know that "Pushing Daisies" is living on in a 12-part series of comic books for DC Comics?

+ The other night I saw Neil Patrick Harris in a very old, very bad episode of "The Outer Limits" where he got to shoot an evil alien worm out of his nose. Barney would have been appalled. In other news, NPH will be doing a musical turn as a Gotham City villain in an upcoming episode of "Batman: The Brave and the Bold."

+ If you see a giant "V" in the skies next Friday, don't freak out -- it's just ABC's way of promoting the new "V" miniseries. The network has hired skywriters to write "V"s in the skies over some of the country's most popular national monuments. Cooler than a billboard, I guess.

+ Want to plan your Halloween-themed TV viewing? TV Tango has a list of upcoming Halloween programming including TWO showings of "The Great Pumpkin." Woo!

+ Early reviews are coming in for "Amelia," which opens this Friday, and they're pretty good for the most part. Really looking forward to seeing this...right after I see "Where the Wild Things Are."

+ So, io9 had this fake post about a genetically-engineered cat with radar dishes for ears. And it got me thinking, if you could play Frankenstein and use, say, five characteristics from any other creature -- living, dead or fictional -- out there, what would you build? I've been thinking about this...a lot...and I've decided I'd create the following:

A capybara with Ultraman's flying abilities, Henry Kissinger's speaking voice, roller skates on its paws and Sherlock Holme's powers of deduction. He would be the world's most lovable detective, and that would be my contribution to science.

What would you build?

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Last week, TNT re-aired an episode of Numb3rs with Neil Patrick Harris! He was a mathematician whose daughter was kidnapped, and the ransom was an algorithm that would let them access financial websites.

Sara Jo said...

I would just add parts to enhance myself. Marsupial pouch and prehensile tail so I could carry lots of things and open doors or slap people when my arms are full. Also I would keep kittens in my pouch.