Friday, October 26, 2007

Thank God for self-adhesives, I'd feel weird licking his back

The U.S. Postal Service giveth and the U.S. Postal Service taketh away. On the same day this little dude made his debut on a U.S. stamp...

...the postal service pulled the plug on these equally diminutive but less hairy dudes:


In the coming weeks, all R2-D2 mailboxes are going to be taken off the streets and sent to military bases overseas, where I assume they'll spy on the enemy and deliver cryptic messages starring shimmery little Carrie Fishers.

8 comments:

srah said...

MUST BUY STAMPS.

Liz said...

Indeed!

Mickie Poe said...

Last night, in the rain, I walked down the street and looked up to unexpectedly see an R2D2 mailbox on a corner. I felt a little sunshine come into my soul to see my robit friend there. I will miss you, mailbox that looks like R2D2!

Oh, that girl again... said...

I nearly dropped my glass of wine on Thursday hearing "help me Liz Lemon, you're my only hope."

Liz said...

Me, too. That was so perfect. Carrie Fisher was great in that episode as was Liz's dawning realization that the woman was crazy. I loved "Is he carrying a gun?" "Yeah, but it's okay, he's not a cop."

Trey said...

Those mailboxes spawned a nationwide mailbox-hunt among my friends, with a prize going to the friend who found the most. I didn't win, but I did get pictures of R2 with me in Columbus, San Francisco, and two in Chicago.

Liz said...

Wow, Trey, that's very impressive. I can't believe you didn't win given the number of miles you covered!

Trey said...

I got the milage win (I work for the trade association for the social games industry, and travel a lot for work), but my incredibly dedicated friend Paul got very systematic about it, using the USPS site as his personal checklist in the Middle Atlantic states. Several Saturday road-trips later, he was the clear winner.