Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Odds and ends

I have not joined the circus nor left the planet in search of a moderately sized blue box that's bigger on the inside. Real world work has gone completely nutty, forcing the nerdy goodness of my life temporarily to one side. I even missed the Oscars! Anyway, I'm swooping in with a few quick updates:

+ As a fan of doughy guys, I am thrilled beyond reckoning that Andy Richter will resume his sidekick duties with Conan O'Brien when his Tonight Show stint begins. I've missed you, Andy. Now if only you'd wear that coat with the puppies in it every night, I'd be in a perpetual state of bliss.

+ Speaking of welcomed additions, did you hear that Michael Cera has finally signed on for the "Arrested Development" movie? Can I get a "woo" and a "hoo"? Of course, he's probably too old to do any more good jokes of him sitting on Jason Bateman's lap learning to drive...a memory that still reduces me to giggles.

+ I thought this was pretty interesting: 10 Video Games That Should Be Considered Modern Art. I agree wholeheartedly with most all the choices but especially with the Fallout series. I love watching my husband play that game. The graphics are incredible, the art direction amazing and really, any video game that includes Cole Porter in its soundtrack is brilliant in my book.

+ And finally, check out these nifty images from Agatha Christie's recently renovated home in Devon, England. It's now open to the public.

No comments: