Monday, February 09, 2009

Shakespeare does Facebook

I found this over on Boing Boing and it's brilliant: "Wm. Shakespeare's Five and Twenty Random Things About Me" done in Old English. This cracked me up. Here are a few sample items:

  • I haue been Knowne to cry at Bear-baiting.
  • I am not uery ticklish. I am Not. So prithee, do not euen try. Waste. Of. Time.
  • I cannot keep Lice, and know not why.
  • Sometimes I thinke plays are all Talke, Talke Talke, and wish for a cart-chase scene. I tried one in The Merry Wives, but it looked like Shitte, so I cut it. The men playing the horses were so Pissed at me.
  • I once threw vp on a man's head, from a high Windowe. I was so fvcking Sicke that Daye.
If I were ever going to get a really big tattoo, I'm pretty sure it would be this list. I love it, and wish deeply that I had written it.

1 comment:

crone51 said...

that is hysterical