Monday, June 01, 2009

Odds and Ends: New Moon, Rifftrax, bobbleheads and The Prisoner

+ Robert Pattinson's gotten his pale on again, and he's showing it off for all the world to see in the new trailer for "The Twilight Saga: New Moon." And now I have Duran Duran's "New Moon on Monday" stuck in my head. I'm okay with that.



+ Speaking of awesome movie-type awesomeness, did you know that internet web singing sensation Jonathan Coulton and that other internet web singing sensation with two people in it called Paul and Storm did their own Rifftrax skewering of "Tron?" It is indeed true. The world is a beautiful place when the man responsible for "Skullcrusher Mountain" can make fun of Bruce Boxleitner for my entertainment.

+ When your grandma's birthday comes around this year, forget those tired old Hallmarks with that cranky old lady character spouting grizzled funnies on the cover. Instead, give your grandma what she really wants -- a thoughtful message from a Cylon or sentimental Tracy Jordan malapropism. Yes, you can now get "Battlestar Galactica" and "30 Rock" greeting cards. Could this be NBC's way of making up for "I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here?"

+ Need a cool gift to go with that naked Jamie Bamber greeting card? NBC is now selling "The Office" bobbleheads of characters who are not Dwight. I am in desperate need of a Creed or a Meredith myself.



+ This new preview of AMC's mini-series remake of "The Prisoner" barely lasts longer than a sneeze, but it's kind of cool to see Ian McKellan acting enigmatic. I'm starting to think this could be a very good production.

2 comments:

DropEdge said...

I need a Creed bobblehead so badly that I might not be able to wait. I foresee myself carving one out of soap.

crone51 said...

What? A remake of The Prisoner? What on earth for?? Why would anyone do that? I am not pleased. I must find out more. This is bad and wrong and wrong and bad and.. stuff.