Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A little light reading...

My apologies for the dearth of posts lately. I've been caught up in some serious sloth with time off from work, gorging myself on cookies, reading Neil Gaiman books and spending quality time with some DVDs. But enough about me! I hope all of you had a wonderful holiday and are gearing up for an even better new year!

Now on with the show..or the blog...you know what I mean. If you can't wait for the new TV season to start, then why not spoil yourself silly then by reading these leaked scripts for a whole mess of upcoming pilots, courtesy of Spoiler TV? They got yer "Virtuosity." They got yer "Caprica." They got yer "Dollhouse." Sadly, they also have yer American-ized version of "Spaced." And they've got yer Nathan Fillion pilot, "Castle," which is actually the only one I've read yet. And I have to say, it looks like a really, really promising show. Although the premise owes a lot to "Bones" -- mystery writer helps solve crimes -- the characters are quite original and the dialogue is genuinely funny. I can't wait to see Nathan in this. This might be the show of his that actually lasts!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Although the premise owes a lot to "Bones" -- mystery writer helps solve crimes --

"Murder She Wrote", anyone? Still, it's Nathan, so I'll be giving it a try.

agent57 said...

I have to say, when watching the trailer-type-thing I thought "Okay. but how are we going to explain the police letting him tag along for more than one murder?" I mean, really... but, parroting the last comment, it's Nathan so I will probably watch.

Anonymous said...

Even Nathan said that he was 2009's answer to Jessica Fletcher. Which I love. I'll be checking out Castle.

agent57 said...

Sidenote: why are all of these shows I want to see not premiering much sooner? I want new TV now!