Friday, November 06, 2009

Friday Odds & Ends: "30 Rock," bees, Wil Wheaton and "2013"

+ Tina Fey shares her "10 Favorite '30 Rock' Moments." It's a terrific list -- very interesting to see which stuff makes her laugh.

+ If you haven't seen it yet, The New York Times did a wonderful audio/photo essay on beekeeping on the south lawn of The White House. It's really a lovely story.

+ Did you know that Wil Wheaton is secretly in the J.J. Abrams "Star Trek?" Yup. Although I guess it's not really a secret now. But still very cool!

+ Do we really need more depressing television? I vote no, but apparently, my vote doesn't count because we'll soon be getting a TV sequel to Roland Emmerich's "2012" disaster flick. I'm assuming the TV show will be similar in tone and execution to Cormac McCarthy's "The Road," right? But with commercials and glimpses of Jay Leno. Am I right or am I right?

+ So what did you guys think of "V" this week? I wasn't too thrilled with the first 40 minutes or so, but felt things started to roll toward the end. Color me mildly interested. I'll probably give it a second shot but I'm not sure if I want to go steady with it yet.

3 comments:

CrazyCris said...

I thought "V" was pretty exciting! Loved getting another dose of Morena Baccarin and Joel Gretsch... I'm still missing Firefly and the 4400! ;o)

Big surprise with that reptile-reveal... but I do wish he could have stuck around a bit longer so we could more of him... I'll just have to wait for a DH reappearance.

Anonymous said...

I was a little underwhelmed by the episode, frankly, but Morena Baccarin was great as Anna. Will keep watching, and hopefully the great reviews it got will at least mean that it won't be cancelled.

eye-shuh said...

Meh...V was decent. Not entirely sure if it's something I'll stick with yet, but definitely worth a second look.