Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Tuesday Odds & Ends: Tennant in America, Whedon and the Terminator, Sir Christopher Lee and spiders

+ This morning on I Can't Believe She's Got Another Item on Tennant The Park Bench, the big news is that David Tennant will be starring in a TV series pilot for NBC called "Rex Is Not Your Lawyer" about "a top Chicago litigator who begins suffering panic attacks and takes up coaching clients to represent themselves in court." Dear NBC, I know you like to do dumb things like put Jay Leno on the TV, but please let Tennant use his real accent. Please? I will buy you a cookie if you say yes.

+ Speaking of buying things, Joss Whedon has made a hilarious offer to buy the rights to "Terminator." In his "Open Letter to the Terminator Owners. From a Very Important Hollywood Mogul," Joss provides some insight into how he'd revive the franchise:

Terminator... of the Rings! Yeah, what if he time-travelled TOO far... back to when there was dragons and wizards? (I think it was the Dark Ages.) Hasta La Vista, Boramir! Cool, huh? "Now you gonna be Gandalf the Red!" RRRRIP! But then he totally helps, because he's a cyborg and he doesn't give a s#&% about the ring -- it has no power over him! And he can carry it AND Frodo AND Sam AND f@%& up some orcs while he's doing it. This stuff just comes to me. I mean it. (I will also offer $10,000 for the Lord of the Rings franchise).

+ Sci-fi, fantasy and horror legend Christopher Lee has been knighted for Prince Charles on behalf of the Queen for his contributions to drama and charity work. Well-deserved indeed!

+ Don't forget that "V" debuts tonight at 8 p.m. EST on ABC. The early reviews have been good so far.

+ Want to follow some cool folks who make comics? This site has compiled a list of comic book industry Twitterers for your easy reference.

+ Big science news this morning: apparently, the dinosaurs of Sussex never dusted, and as a result, scientists have found a 140-million-year-old spider web preserved in amber.

9 comments:

Michele said...

If they don't let DT use his Scottish accent I'll be sorely disappointed...

Sareberry said...

I'll chip in and buy the milk to go with the NBC cookie!

So, do spiderwebs have dna? I want to see what freaky things they can clone from that!

jenneferdawn said...

Please, dear lady, let no one stand between you and your dispersal of Mr. Tennant news. It unfailingly cheers my day.

Unknown said...

Great Tennant news! PLEASE let him use his natural voice...or at the very least his "Doctor" accent. Anything other than faking an American one. I would much prefer Hugh Laurie be his awesome British self as well, but no one ever asks me! :)

Chelsa said...

Mmmm. David Tennant. Please don't stop posting DT news (no matter how trivial it may be). I agree that he should keep his native accent!

(p.s. Love your blog!)

Kelley B said...

David Tennant: Yay!
NBC: Boo!
Interesting Premise: Yay!
Lawyer-based Program: Boo!
Accent: Please oh please oh please!

By the way...you should NEVER be ashamed to post anything about David Tennant. In fact, I'd love to see an All David Tennant Odds & Ends post one of these days ;-)

crone51 said...

What? Tennant on US TV??????

How can we make this happen????????

I just gave this news to my 22 year old daughter and she nearly fainted from joy.

Me too.

Addie said...

Since I read your post earlier today, I've been trying to concoct various legitimate reasons as to why a Chicago lawyer would have a Scottish accent. Just in case NBC needs a good background story. Please, NBC...don't pull a Hugh Laurie on us! We don't ask for much!

Stone Girl said...

That first episode of V was pretty painful to watch. The story moved along badly without really setting anything up well. The caricatures of people was horrible. I loved the original V and I thought this was a lazy insult to it. I hope it's off the air soon!