Thursday, December 17, 2009

Thursday Odds & Ends: Iron Man 2, Colbert, Doctor Who, Spock monkey and puppets

+ WOW! The new "Iron Man 2" trailer is out and all I can say is, "I want to see this now, please!" Check it out and let me know what you think.

+ Former Nerd Man of the Month Stephen Colbert was on the cover of "Sports Illustrated" this week. The SI site has outtakes from his photo shoot. As you probably know, Colbert's show will be sponsoring the U.S. Speedskating team for the 2010 Winter Olympics. Seriously, that man has the best promotions people in the world.

+ Here's an interview with J.J. Abrams, Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci, Damon Lindelof and other folks behind "Lost," "Fringe," "Star Trek" and basically everything our little nerd hearts desire.

+ Speaking of "Lost," here's a new poster that, rumor has it, may contain some clues to the new season. Thanks @davidmanly for the tip!

+ Here's a new Doctor Who "End of Time" trailer. I can't wait for this!



+ Make your own Spock monkey! It's so cute! (via @TNRLM)


+ Jason Segel AND Craig Ferguson AND puppets AND Dracula? It doesn't get much better than that! Segel performed "Dracula's Lament" from "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" on the Ferguson show the other night.

6 comments:

Sarah W said...

I already have a babysitter lined up for Iron Man 2, but now that I've seen the trailer, I think I'd better set up sitting for multiple weekends---once isn't going to be enough!

Sareberry said...

Holy smokes, I think this may be the best odds and ends ever. My universe nearly imploded from sheer awesomeness. Thank goodness you didn't have any Joss news or somesuch or I'm pretty sure that would have happened. Hooray for Park Bench! The best part of my reasons not to work list!

Ms. Meg said...

I positively drool over Jason Segal. Has a more perfect man ever been crafted? He's funny, uses his own nudity as a joke, is the biggest Muppet fan this side of Frank Oz, can play the piano and sing, and on top of it all is dashingly handsome.

For me the most alluring trait is his love for Muppets. He's writing a new Muppet movie! Yay!

Soph-Serve said...

watching dracula's lament totally just made my day and is it just me or is jason segel absurdly sexy?

Jean said...

Wow! I had no idea Jason Segel could sing (didn't see Forgetting Sarah Marshall - have only caught a few eps of HIMYM). Impressive! And I am soooo going to cry during End of Time! Isn't that Catherine Tate doing the VO at the end?

christina said...

Ok, just got a little teary watching the End of Time preview. It's going to be a not so jolly time around Christmas & New Years.