Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I love you Joss Whedon and all that you stand for

I have seen Act I of "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog" and it is like looking into the Joss Whedon-y face of a god named Joss Whedon, which is to say, it is magical. It is unicorns on fluffy puppy-shaped clouds filled with leprechauns and Harry Potter's soul-kind of magical. It is "Once More With Feeling" but with Neil Frickin' Patrick Harris and Nathan Frickin' Fillion singing and flexing and wearing rubber boots. And singing. Did I mention the singing? You have to go watch it now. I don't care what you're doing. If you're delivering a baby right now, it doesn't matter. Put the baby down and go watch this video. It's not like the baby has a keen understanding of time anyway. If you're putting out a fire, just give it a rest. It's not like it's going to go away if you just take five minutes and watch. In fact, it'll probably be bigger and more destructive -- and thus, easier to find -- by the time you're done with Act I. Just go. Now.

Click here and watch. I'll wait.

Okay, did you watch it? It was awesome, wasn't it? Didn't I tell you it was awesome? Did you like his moist friend? How about when Captain Hammer told Dr. Horrible "It's curtains for you. Lacy, wafty curtains." Or the fact that the league is run by Bad Horse? And there's a line about his hooves?

I want to make out with Joss Whedon's brain right now. I have no idea how that would work. Physiologically, it seems suspect. And morally, I'm pretty sure it's wrong, what with both our brains being married. But sometimes a nerdy girl just can't help her feelings. Especially when Neil Patrick Harris just sang about laundry.

I have to go watch it again. And again. Maybe once more after that....

ETA: To expand on the Whedon love even more, check out this great interview with him on Gawker.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

That. was. awesome. When Captain Hammer leaps off the van and it goes careening out of control? Love!

Trey said...

Oh dear...

I now need to change my Nerd Man of the Month vote. I'm so sorry, Steve Carell. I'm a fickle nerd gal, it's true. But Neil Patrick Harris with an iPod remote? Squee!

Anonymous said...

It ... is ... not ... working. And I am crying.

Liz said...

Uh oh, they might be overloaded. I heard there were problems earlier in the day for overseas folks. I'm sure it'll be back up soon. Keep trying, MandyAnn. It's worth it, I promise!

Megan said...

Bah, not working for me either. Bummer.

Unknown said...

Act I- as anticipated- a big mess of awesome. Joss, NPH, The Cap'n, Musical. NOTHING wrong with that.
Not.A.Thing.

Liz said...

Yikes, I'm sorry it's jamming up for people like that. I just tried to watch it again too and couldn't get in. Well, as Joss said in one of his interviews, if we don't manage to bring the Internet down then we've failed. I guess they haven't failed.

Glad everyone else who's seen it loves it as much as I do. I'm just so happy that something like that actually exists. Can't wait for Acts II and III!

Oh, that girl again... said...

Not that I'm advocating itunes, but it's available for download at a nominal price - I got, impatient and wanted to watch immediately.

Anonymous said...

I can't think of a better way to start my 31st birthday than to be able to watch Dr Horrible. Joss is such a sweetheart for setting it up just for me, no?
I think the laundry song will be heard often in my house from now on (much to my husband's dismay.)

Liz said...

Michelle, that was nice of Joss. What a guy!

And happy birthday to you! Hope your day was a good one. :)

Riana said...

Squee! I will totally stand in the make-out-with-Joss's-brain line.

Anonymous said...

I have watched Act I 4 times and I swear every time it gets better and funnier. And I don't often think that. Neil Patrick Harris, I love you. Nathan Fillion, I am constantly impressed with your ability to fill out a t-shirt and pants.

Liz said...

Alyson, ditto on what you said about Nathan. The man does wonders for wardrobe.