Friday, November 14, 2008

Our next president is a big nerd!

I had no idea that President-Elect Obama was a collector of Spider-Man comic books! Between that and the Peruvian puppy and the fact that, well, he reads books and such, the White House could be waving its nerd flag high for the next four to eight years.

Even better is the fact that as of last night Stephen Colbert is trying to use Obama's Spidey love to get him on the show. Says Comic Book Resources:
CBR News has confirmed that on Thursday’s episode of Comedy Central’s “The Colbert Report,” host Stephen Colbert will challenge Barack Obama to appear on a show, using the U.S. President Elect’s reported fanboy roots as bait.

In the final segment of the show, Marvel Comics Editor-in-Chief will appear alongside Colbert and present the faux-conservative commentator with a copy of “The Amazing Spider-Man” #573 featuring a variant cover – illustrated by Quesada and Richard Isanove – depicting Colbert in the iconic pose seen on the cover of 1962’s “Amazing Fantasy” #15, Spider-Man’s first appearance.

Quesada and Colbert will both autograph the special issue, which Colbert will then offer to President Elect and Spider-Man comic book collector Barack Obama should he accept the invitation to appear on “The Colbert Report.”

7 comments:

The Modern Gal said...

THAT'S SO COOL!

Anonymous said...

Good stuff! I Love It!! Colbert makes me pee my pants:-)

crone51 said...

I knew the president elect was one of us. I just *knew* it. Something about his Superman reference during that fundraiser..

No wonder I worked my ass off for his campaign.

Our president is a nerd. I am proud to be an American.

( plus, he's kinda cute).

Rose said...

Oh, yes, I agree--he is a total nerd and *very* cute. And congrats, crone51, for working on his campaign. I'm ashamed that I did, but at least I voted!

I want a comic book cover with me on it...

Rose said...

OOOH...I meant I'm ashamed that I *didn't* work on Barack's campaign...whew...I almost sounded Republican...ew!

Anonymous said...

So, uh, Obama for Nerd Man of the Month?

Rose said...

YES! Obama can be the President of the Nerd Man of the Month Club. ;-)