Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Simon Pegg: actor, author, Renaissance man

Awesome. Simon Pegg wrote a "Star Wars" fan fic. And I think I now love him just a little bit more. An excerpt, as Yoda, Obi Wan and Mon Mothma try to decide what to do with Anakin Skywalker's children after Episode 3:

KENOBI
He should be Luke Skywalker. Come on, it sounds cooler.

Mon Mothma
What is it with you and names?

KENOBI
I think it's important. Why do you think I changed my name to Obi Wan? Nobody's going to be frightened of a Jedi called Benjamin.

YODA
Fear leads to agression...

KENOBI
Yeah yeah. If I had a credit for every time you wheeled that one out.

YODA
Up shut!
........

Heh.

4 comments:

Jadielady said...

*love*

Anonymous said...

Oh, man, that is *genius*.

Oh, that girl again... said...

When I read this yesterday morning - I thought to myself - what a wonderful birthday present Simon has given me!

Liz said...

Hey, Jen, happy (late) birthday! Hope you had a great day. And it sure was nice of Simon to write that story for you. You have fine friends! :)