Friday, May 15, 2009

Friday Odds and Ends: Tennant, NPH, V and Lost

+ America will get to savor a bit more David Tennant after "Doctor Who" ends. My imaginary Scottish boyfriend will be hosting PBS' "Masterpiece Contemporary" when the show returns this October. Seriously, click the link for a dreamy Tennant photo. It'll make your Friday even better.

+ Speaking of dreamy slim men, Neil Patrick Harris will be hosting this year's Tony Awards. Is it wrong to pray that he breaks into a few numbers from Dr. Horrible while he's got the spotlight? C'mon, it'll be better than the "Shrek the Musical" interlude.

+ I wasn't at all interested when I heard that "V" was getting new life as an upcoming TV pilot, but now that I've learned more about the cast, I'm feeling positively giddy. So far, the cast includes two "Firefly" alumni: Alan Tudyk (Wash) and Morena Baccarin (Inara). Elizabeth Mitchell, Juliet from "Lost," will bring her magnetic personality to the show. (See what I did there? Yes, I'm sorry.) Also starring Laura Vandervoot from "Smallville," a show I had no idea was still on the air. (Oops.) Someone hand me a rat, I'm feelin' peckish with glee!

+ So, "Lost." I love a show that I can't understand until I read about seven different analyses of what I just saw. I'm excited for next season, though, and can't wait to see what kind of reset they have in store for us. Also, let me just declare my love of Michael Emerson's Ben one more time. Honestly, I perk up every time he's on screen. He and Locke are my new One True Pair. Anyway, if you're still fuzzy on what exactly happened on Wednesday night, check out Jeff Jensen's terrific recap (also known as a graduate thesis) of the season finale. It'll offer up a lot of "ohhh, so that's what that meant."

5 comments:

wendy said...

I hate to tell you, but if Laura Vandervoort is attached to it V is probably going to suck. She was truly horrible on Smallville. Granted, Smallville's scripts don't give an actor a lot to work with but every scene with her in it was a tragedy and one of the reasons I (finally) stopped watching the show.

Maybe they'll kill off her character right away?

Liz said...

I've never actually seen "Smallville" but if she's that bad, I'll keep my fingers crossed for an early character offing! More screen time for Tudyk and Mitchell!

Anonymous said...

I hope they play Cassanova on Masterpiece Contemporary, and it gets a bit meta. Also, so I can see the whole thing instead of just the last third.

Liz said...

I'm with you on that one, Break. I would love to see "Casanova." The one I really want to see, though, is "Blackpool" without having to watch it in five minute snippets on YouTube.

Gaile said...

Liz, you can get on the waiting list for Viva Blackpool on netflix or, there is always (cough)bittorrent(cough)