Sunday, March 18, 2007

Ninjas. Seriously.

First, you know I'm a nerd because I watch G4. Second, you know I'm a nerd because I spent four hours yesterday watching a show called Ninja Warriors on G4. The show features a whole bunch of really buff Japanese men (and maybe two girls) trying to make it through a ridiculously hard obstacle course. According to the G4 website, 1,400 people have attempted to make it through the first stage and only 200 have been successful.

Here's a minute-long sampling:



I really think we should do the Olympics this way. Wouldn't gymnastics be cooler if flames shot up into the air after a spectacular vault or if ribbon dancers were flung into pools of muddy water if they messed up? The answer, of course, is yes.

The new season of Ninja Warrior starts tomorrow night at 6:30 EST. I encourage you to watch it. G4 will send you a free Ninja Warrior crack pipe when you tune in -- THAT's how addictive it is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad there is another female or two out there who is also a Ninja Warrior addict. My husband and I watched the marathon leading up to the new season. Thank you, gird nerds. Pass me the crack pipe.