Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Tuesday Odds and Ends

+ Looking for a last-minute Halloween escape? Check out Concierge.com's list of Thirteen of the World's Creepiest Places. I'd never thought of Easter Island before but after thinking about it, I guess it would be rather scary...especially when you heard the whir of the spaceships coming back to collect their lawn art! And swamps like the one pictured? Well, the scariness factor just goes unsaid.

+ Official word has come down that The X-Files 2 movie will start filming on December 10. Chris Carter is directing and it's being shot in Vancouver, which made my little X-phile heart twitter nostalgically. I always loved the Vancouver era the best.

+ Rupert Grint, aka Harry Potter's Ron Weasley, could show Lindsey Lohan and Britney Spears a thing or two about blowing their hard-earned cash on things other than, you know, blow. According to Park Bench reader Annie's blog, Grint got creative with his earnings, buying one of these:


On Ain't It Cool News, he was quoted as saying he wanted to continue acting, but “if it doesn’t work out I still have the ice cream van, I suppose.” I love that kid.

+ And finally, The Park Bench reached 25,000 visitors last night. Reader #25,000 was a poor confused person from Kitchener, Ontario, looking for a way to make risotto who instead found a treatise on angry Gordon Ramsey. I hope he or she enjoyed their .4 seconds on the site! In all seriousness, thank you to everyone who reads this crazy thing. I appreciate it.

+ And finally, finally, what's everyone going to be for Halloween? Please share.

8 comments:

crowyhead said...

Heh, not only does Ron Weasley remind me of my brothers, now Rupert Grint does as well.

Anonymous said...

How much does an ice cream truck actually cost? If it's not that much, it might not be as self-destructive as you think.

srah said...

I <3 Rupert Grint, but not in a creepy way. At least I try not to.

I'm wearing an Austrian dirndl for Halloween. No one's told me about any Halloween parties, so I'm wearing it to work. That's about as Halloweeny as I can get away with at work.

Liz said...

SFG, I don't think it's self-destructive. I think it's awesome. I truly wish other young actors with money would spend it on things like this. The world would be a better place!

dr.gambit said...

i'm hoping to go as minnie mouse....but it is funny b/c i am not a girl, so that should go over really well....does anyone have a size nine (men's) pair of yellow pumps?

and rg is awesome, pretty level kid for his fame. the truck does work...fully functional (loaded with stuffed animals), and he has a good time with it. yet another reason HP rules for everything...

Liz said...

That paints quite a picture, Dr. G, quite a picture. :-)

Oh, that girl again... said...

Had I found this gem earlier, I would have been Walken...

http://www.brandonbird.com/halloween_treat.html

Liz said...

That is brilliant! I may have to print that out and wear it tonight.