Friday, October 24, 2008

Friday Odds and Ends

  • I'm still coming down from my "30 Rock" high last night. If you're like me and can't get enough Tina Fey, here's a pretty interesting profile of her from today's USA Today. And how great was it to see Will Farrell and Fey together on the SNL special last night?
  • The Muppets are going noir! The Jim Henson Co., has picked up a spec script that revolves around more adult versions of Muppets caught in a murder mystery. I'm intrigued.

  • And finally, well, I'm ashamed to admit this but I realized it's almost the end of October and I haven't come up with a Nerd Man of the Month! I've got one or two ideas, but would love to hear your suggestions. Let me know who should earn the honor this month.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It can be Adam Baldwin's turn nao? Pleeeaaaaaase? Or Zach Levi. They're both so terrific on Chuck.

Marie Cloutier said...

those are great links. love the pumpkins and the d&d campaign especially. :-)

Anonymous said...

It's probably just because I've been watching Buffy reruns for about a month straight, but I would totally like to see Anthony Head get the nerd man honor. Hey, and I hear he's gonna be in a movie soon, cuttin' people up and singing about it.

(It's bad, isn't it, that not even Paris Hilton is quite scaring me away wanting to see it?)

Love the pumpkins, but they totally need more of them.

Unknown said...

how about lee pace form pushing daisies? he has a certain charm...

bluegirl00 said...

Can the man be fictional? Because I'm reading Bujold's Vorkosigan series (yet again...) and I always forget just how much I adore Miles. If you haven't read the series (start with Cordelia's Honor) - it's WORTH IT.

Kate said...

Masi Oka (Heroes) and David Hewlett (Stargate Atlantis) would be my suggestions, because they both have real life geek cred as well as playing two of the most adorable geeks on TV.

NancyRoo said...

I super second Lee Pace for Nerd Man of the Month. His social awkwardness and love of pie makes my heart race. Apparently my beloved Pushing Daisies is in danger of being cancelled. So depressing...