Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Hello kitty, turn your brights off!

I know I've blogged about this before, but seriously, the idea of glow in the dark cats just never gets old. Mr. Green Genes -- as his cruel science overlords dubbed him -- is a cloned feline with phosphorescent skin who fights crime. Okay, no, he just has phosphorescent skin but surely the ability to glow in the dark should make him eligible for some sort of hirsute superhero brigade, right?

Here's a video of Mr. Green Genes. In case you can't see his thought bubble, it says, "Fuuuuck...where is that light coming from? Let it be Lauer. Let it be Lauer."



Scientists claim they're doing this to cure diseases and save endangered species. Personally, I think these cats are being bred to sell to college kids who'll drape scarves over them and smoke dope in their mellow glow. Yay science! We'll just solve global warming tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally awesome, but dude, there's a total creep-out factor at work. It's freaky enough when non-glowing cats stare at you in the middle of the night. Can you imagine waking up to see glowing cat face 2" away from your own? Eeek!

Liz said...

You're so right. My cat's always waking me up staring in my face in the middle of the night. I'd be totally traumatized to wake up to a glowing version. Although on the upside, I'd never stumble over her in the dark anymore!

agent57 said...

My cat keeps me up with making noise all over the room and meowing at doors. We really don't need to add glowing to that mix.

I don't know, I think this is a hoax, and the guy just has a really bad case of ringworm. (Cause, you know, that fluoresces!) Bing me a cat who glows without the aid of a black light, and I'll be impressed. Or freaked out. I don't know.

Marie Cloutier said...

that is kind of messed up.