Friday, October 16, 2009

Friday Oods & Ands: a Simpsons character of your own, awesome Nathan, cylons on CBS and candy!

+ Now's your chance to put those TV watching skills to good use! FOX has launched a new contest inviting fans to create a new "Simpsons" character who will appear on the show. More details will hopefully be available soon at thesimpsons.com website, although there's nothing there right now that I could find. Then again, I am very old and bright colors scare me so I may have missed it.

+ In other generally awesome news, if you haven't seen Nathan Fillion's Halloween costume yet for "Castle," check out this link. Some may consider it a spoiler (like my husband did) but I just think it's cute. Nathan surely knows how to please his fans. (Thanks, AJ, for the link!)

+ Even former Cylons need paychecks: BSG's Tricia Helfer will be guest starring on the greatest comedy ever produced by humankind! That's right -- "Two and a Half Men." Oh, Tricia.

+ Did you know that Bram Stoker's great-grandnephew has written a sequel to "Dracula?" Neither did I. It's called "The Un-Dead" and picks up 25 years after the original novel's ending. USA Today seems to think it's pretty good. Then again, they sometimes have an entire section devoted to NASCAR so...

+ With Halloween on the horizon, here's a list of the 10 Best Halloween Candies of All-Time. (Thanks to my pal Mary for the link!) I've gotta agree with their choice of Hershey's Krackel at number one. What do you think? What's your favorite Halloween treat?

9 comments:

Sareberry said...

Oh, Mal! So happy to see you!

If I've never had Whopper puddin' does that mean I'm lucky or haven't lived yet?

-ic0re said...

I have been loving your "best of" lists you've been linking too lately, although when this one said "best of Halloween...candy" I had gone straight to Halloween TV episodes for some reason. I wonder what your favorite Halloween episodes of certain shows (cough Buffy) are....

Liz said...

Ooh, that's a good idea, -c0re! I'll have to draw up a list and post that. And yes, Buffy will be well represented. :)

Cassandra said...

Noooo... Tricia, whyyyy... -cries a little- Though that picture of Nathan Fillion definitely makes up for it.

Red said...

oh, yeah. Crackle all the way.

Wilder said...

My mother got an advance copy of the new dracula book and says it is amazing!

Emily said...

Oh Nathan, again proving just how much I love him.

Anonymous said...

I always preferred Mr. Goodbar to Krackle, just slightly, but they were in the same mix, so that's not a problem.

Aww, Mal!

Radish said...

That is really Castle's Halloween costume...*dies*