Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wednesday Odds & Ends: Adama, Star Trek onesies, Wolfman, Bioshock and Facebook

Thanks everyone for all of the great Nerd Man nominations yesterday. All of the suggestions were terrific and I'm putting them in my to-do file, so they'll all get their turn soon! And now on to the news of the day:

+ Would you like to have dinner with Edward James Olmos? Personally, I'm intimidated by the man just watching him on TV, but I'm sure there are bolder folks than me out there. In conjunction with the recent release of the "BSG" prequel movie, "The Plan," UGO has announced a "Dinner with the Admiral" contest. Just answer a few trivia questions and you'll be entered in the drawing. Good luck!

+ If you have a baby and would like to turn it into a nerd before it can even walk or roll over on its own, here's your chance! You can now purchase Star Trek uniform onesies. Awesome!


+ There's a new trailer out for the "Bioshock 2" game, which is absolutely one of my favorite games ever. Not to play, mind you -- I have the dexterity of a chimp with no hands -- but to watch. It actually had a compelling plot and the graphics were just gorgeous. Can't wait to watch the husband play this one!



+ What if "Harry Potter" had come out in the 1980s? This cartoonist takes a few guesses involving, among other things, Christopher Lloyd and David Bowie.

+ Doesn't this kind of creep you out? Facebook will turn accounts into memorials for deceased users. I'm not sure if I want all my Scrabulous scores and unanswered RSVPs etched in digital stone for all eternity. How do you feel about it?

+ Want to see Benicio del Toro get all shaggy and Anthony Hopkins nibble on scenery? Then check out the new trailer for "The Wolfman" over at Apple. Looks pretty...but it also looks like something I've seen a hundred times before. It puts me in a mind to howl, though, and that's always fun. Join me, won't you? A-woooooo!

7 comments:

Anzi said...

Aww, Dinner With The Admiral is only open to US residents. No love for Canadian fans ;__;

Kim Shoaf said...

"Wolfman" doesn't look half-bad. Might get the Hubby and go for Valentine's Day...nothing says "LOVE" like Victorian mayhem. :)

Anonymous said...

David Bowie as Voldemort would have been all kinds of awesome!

Survey Magnet said...

I'd prefer that my facebook page not be turned into a memorial when I die. Who came up with that one?

Unknown said...

Consumer tip: good parents should avoid buying their babies the red onesie...

Liz said...

Lisa, you totally cracked me up. Best laugh I've had in days. :)

ArtSparker said...

As long as I don't have to watch him brush his teeth AGAIN.