Wednesday, May 14, 2008

News of the Day -- Wednesday, May 14

+ I love this story so much that if I were a chihuahua and it were a leg...well...there'd be contact, let's just say that. Here's the headline: "'Darth Vader' spared jail in Jedi church attack."

+ Patrick Stewart earned a Tony Award nomination for "Macbeth." He was heard to weep softly, "What's the good of a Tony Award when I've lost Nerd Man honors yet again?" And then he cried and cried.

+ Speaking of starship captains, I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am about the upcoming release of William Shatner's second autobiography, Up Till Now. I'm even more excited after reading this ridiculous blurb on how much Shatner hated bedding Star Trek fans because they liked to pretend they were making out with Captain Kirk. Of course you'd pretend you were making out with Captain Kirk. Between Kirk and Shatner, Kirk's the one wearing the girdle and making the velour look fiiiiine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BTW, the large number of English Jedi was a coordinated prank, not a real embrace by New Age people or anything like that.

Liz said...

I think I'd heard that about the prank and recalled thinking it was a great idea. I think there should be more large-scale pranks like that, just to give the mainstream media something to get all huffy and nervous about.