Thursday, May 01, 2008

News of the Day -- May 1

+ A motorized unicycle. Clowns everywhere rejoice -- at 100 miles per hour!


+ Star Trek tricorders are a few steps closer to reality with a new medical scanner that will fit with cell phones and allow doctors in areas without access to advanced medical equipment to check on everything from "detecting tumors to monitoring fetuses," says Yahoo News. You know, all these "Star Trek" style advances are great and all, but I'm not going to be satisfied until I can wake up at five minutes to 8 and use my transporter to get to staff meeting by 8:03. Or until I get my own Data to fight Borg for me.

+ Just in time for the Ironman film debut this Friday, a new contest that lets you live the life of Tony Stark. The grand prize includes first class air transportation to Los Angeles, three nights' stay at the Beverly Hills Hotel, $1,000 spending spree on Rodeo Drive and dinner and spa treatments. Also you get to play Diane Arbus' hirsute man friend. No wait, that's the "Live the Life of Robert Downey, Jr." contest. Totally different. Anyway, below is a preview outlining the contest.

Become Tony Stark for a Weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing. I want the $1,000 shopping spree!

Liz said...

Definitely a cool contest!

Amanda said...

I'm so boring. I'd be all:
"$1000! Can I use it for tuition!!??"