Wednesday, May 28, 2008

News of the Day -- Wednesday, May 28

+ In preparation for tomorrow night's two-hour season finale, here's an interview with "Lost"'s Michael Emerson. Shockingly, he reveals nothing! But it's still an interesting read.

+ Check out the trailer for Robert Downey Jr.'s new movie, "Tropic Thunder." It's the naughty trailer so you'll have to vouch for being over 17 before viewing it. I'm not quite sure what I think of this movie, but I'll admit I'm curious. Thanks to Jessica for submitting the link!

+ It was announced today that David Byrne and Lorne Michaels are the recipients of lifetime achievement awards from The Webbys. I totally get giving one to David Byrne because he's magical like a unicorn. But it just seems weird to honor Lorne Michaels for realizing that viral videos might be a way to resurrect ratings for a 30 year old late night comedy show. That just seems like good marketing sense. Stephen Colbert is also being honored, which is great because he's like the magical internet unicorn that all the other magical internet unicorns look up to.

I don't know what my deal is with unicorns today.

2 comments:

The Other Laura said...

I never thought of David Byrne being much like a magical unicorn, but he really is...

Anonymous said...

Do you realize that you have enough nerd men of the month for a calendar?

just wonderin'