Friday, September 26, 2008

Friday odds and ends

  • And finally, I was going to be coy and say, "Oh, look, The Park Bench got nominated for best geek blog over at the Blogger's Choice Awards! What a complete surprise!" But I don't think I'd be fooling anyone. Yes, I went and nominated the old gal myself because I'm not the kind of woman who waits to be asked to the dance (okay, actually, I waited A LOT in high school.). Anyway, if you'd like to cast a vote for The Park Bench, I'd love it more than candy.

5 comments:

Marcie said...

I voted for you! They do NOT make it easy to vote on that website!

Liz said...

Thank you so much, Marcie! They do make it rough, don't they? It took me the longest time to figure out the nomination - and even then, I couldn't fix the blog name. Grr. Thanks again!

agent57 said...

I officially wish I were living in a comic book universe right now. I wouldn't even mind being 2D or drawn with tapered jeans on. (I don't know, maybe comic artists stopped doing that... the jeans, that is. Man I miss comics.)

In other news, I'm not sure if I still love the Burton/Depp lifepartnership, or if it's starting to wear on me. I always like Depp when I see him in things, but he's just everywhere. You hear that he's going to be in a Burton film and you're like "Reaaaally? Uh huh. Didn't see that coming. [/sarcasm]"

But I'll probably get really excited for it anyway.

Marie Cloutier said...

I voted! good luck.

Liz said...

Agent57, it's so funny that you mention the shine wearing off the Burton/Depp partnership. My husband was saying the exact same thing last night when I told him the news. He kinda shrugged and said, "What else is new?" I haven't quite lost the enthusiasm yet. I don't know why, but as long as they vary it up a little bit, I think I'll be happy. Actually, maybe Burton should start putting Stephen Colbert in his movies instead. THAT would be interesting.

Marie, thank you so much for the vote!!