- Finalists for the Man Booker prize were announced this morning. [NY Times] - The Times seems more intrigued by the books not on the list rather than those that are.
- Robots with human facial expressions. [BBC News] - Seriously, the first life-like robot we create is a mouth breather?
- And...biologists are on the verge of creating new life form. [Wired News] - Yeah, maybe we should elect
Tigh and RoslinMcCain and Palin just so we'll have someone with Cylon experience.
- Today marks the 15th anniversary of "The X-Files" debut. - Let's celebrate by waving our flashlights, watching illicit videos and being skeptical, shall we?
- Speaking of "The X-Files," the "I Want to Believe" DVD is scheduled for release on Dec. 2. [Pop Candy] - Sigh. I'm still hoping I like it better on second viewing...
- Also, just a reminder: the Large Hadron Collider goes online today. [Wired] - So if there were any projects you were putting off...put 'em off a little longer. Who knows? A black hole might eat that deadline. And yes, I am ALL about the silver linings.