Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Odds and Ends

+ Ten Annoying Habits of a Geeky Spouse The name speaks for itself! Love this list. Thanks to Jen for sending it in!

+ So, well, hmmm...a live-action Star Wars TV show taking place between Episode Three (aka the least horrific of the utterly horrific prequels) and Episode Four (the one that made us think George Lucas could sustain a brilliant idea). I refuse to have any sort of anticipatory feeling about this.

+ Speaking of dudes I don't want to be disappointed in...Joss Whedon swears to all that is holy and right that "Dollhouse" is going to get good with this week's episode and will stay good ever after. I didn't watch last week's episode but because Joss gave me Giles and Jayne, I will tune in again. Except by "tune in," I mean "DVR it and watch it later because at 9 o'clock this Friday, I'll be crying my way through the last episode of BSG."

+ Weird festivals from around the world...I'm totally planning my next vacation around the Gloucester Cheese-Rolling Festival. Although I'd have a hard time trying to avoid gigantic wheels of cheese when deep down, I love cheese more than anything except pie.

+ Even better than cheese? A MacGyver movie is in the works!! The bad news? It's being produced by the offspring of Dino De Laurentis.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

i thought dollhouse got good a few episodes ago. it's supposed to get better? awesome

Michele said...

The traditional Cheese Rolling is actually something I've never seen, despite living in Gloucestershire for most of my life!

Unknown said...

Speaking of the end of BSG - did anyone else see on the Sci-Fi (sorry SYFY, Oy!) site that Caprica is goint to be released on DVD and iTunes on April 21st? I thought this was going to be a series???

Unknown said...

ps - yes, I'm sticking with Joss and Dollhouse, because damn it's JOSS! I miss me some Giles and Jayne...

Anonymous said...

So does that mean that Eliza finally realized she can't act and they will kill her off and replace her with a real actress???? That would make me watch it.

Sorry, not what all the PB readers would like to see posted but it had to be said and who better than the husband.

Liz said...

Michele, I'm insanely jealous that you live near the cheese rolling festival. I wonder if it would take off in Michigan?

Kathe, it's still going to be a series (helmed by Jane Espenson, woo hoo!) but they're releasing the pilot early to get a buzz going, I'm guessing.

Michele said...

Heh. It's a mad pasttime - you need a very, very steep hill to make it work!

Anonymous said...

"I mean 'DVR it and watch it later because at 9 o'clock this Friday, I'll be crying my way through the last episode of BSG.'"

Couldn't have said it better myself! I got a bit teary just watching The Last Frakkin' Special, for heavens sake!

Unknown said...

I made it thru five seasons of Angel waiting for it to get good. So waiting for DH to catch it's stride is something I'm not having a problem with. I've enjoyed most of it so far. Trying to avoid spoilers about Alpha while surfing is getting on my nerves so hopefully that will be the big surprise?

Anonymous said...

I agree, Dollhouse got good at the second episode and has been consistently good. Please give it another chance, it does have real potential.

Anonymous said...

Dear God,

Please let the "MacGyver" movie be as good as the TV series was. After what Satan did via George Lucas to our beloved "Star Wars" and "Indiana Jones," (not to mention what he used Fox to do to "Firefly" and what his son Uwe Boll does to everything he touches), we are long overdue for some mercy. Thanks!

Love,
All of Us

P.S. Thank you for The Park Bench, "The Big Bang Theory," and Jim Butcher. We promise to try very hard not to idolize any of these. Really.

agent57 said...

I agree with previous posts that Dollhouse has already gotten good... just maybe not great, which is what we expect from Joss. I think there's potential, and I was really glad to see hints of the two storylines starting to cross last week, so I think it'll really take off once Echo and Ballard actually meet. (I Freudian typoed "meat" there.) And I already kind of love Boyd because Joss has a pretty standard set of character types, but I'm a sucker for all of them, especially that one.

The Husband - I agree that Eliza isn't a very good actress, but it's surprising what I'll put up with if the writing is good and the characters are interesting. I really never watched Buffy for the title character, anyway. (Though SMG was better at the acting part)

agent57 said...

After this latest episode of Dollhouse, I realised I don't really care overly much about Echo, but that I might have a girl crush on Mellie, and Tahmoh's abs [and accompanying skills of a ninja] are really enough reason for me to keep watching the show. Yes, I have simple tastes.