Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Wednesday Odds & Ends: Star Wars comedians, P.T. Barnum and the endless shelf-life of Smallville

+ Sorry for the late post, but I've been trying to recover after the soul-crushing announcement that Paula Abdul is leaving "Idol." This is almost as devastating as finding out that those two people with the half-dozen kids on that show I don't watch broke up.

+ Honestly, I think I've had this particular anxiety dream -- a comedian bombs at Jabba the Hut's place. I kind of love it:


+ Here's a fascinating story about how Netflix ships its movies. I'd always just assumed it was done through magic but the reality's just as cool.

+ The CW is now saying that "Smallville" and "Supernatural" may live on past this coming season. I recall reading a story on how the makers of "Supernatural" didn't want it to go on past a certain point so I'm not quite sure how I feel about that. As for "Smallville," holy cow, how long can that thing last? It's like a lingering cough that's lasted 20 years.

+ It's being reported that Hugh Jackman will star in an original movie musical about the life of P.T. Barnum. I am excited about this one, because someone is apparently making an original movie and two, I love the circus!

4 comments:

Cara King said...

When I first heard about the Jackman "Barnum" musical, I assumed they were making a movie version of the musical Barnum! But then I read that the movie was to have original music, so clearly not...

I want to do Netflix calisthenics now!

Tracy said...

"I've been trying to recover after the soul-crushing announcement that Paula Abdul is leaving "Idol." This is almost as devastating as finding out that those two people with the half-dozen kids on that show I don't watch broke up."

Not fair ... I spewed ice tea all over my keyboard reading this.

I am continually amazed that people waste valuable time on the I-am-famous-solely-due-to-my-freakish-fecundity otherwise known as Jon & Kate.

If it weren's for these silly folks, People magazine would have time to obssess over more interesting stuff. Like Matt Smith's dweeby school boy threads as the new Doctor.

Aubin said...

I almost lost my Oberon when Jabba heckled the comedian.

@winterone51 said...

Kripke is known for his attempts to throw a curve-ball at Supernatural fans. There's always a possibility that he's been claiming 'no!' to a sixth season when he really already has the plot written down. I am hoping for it!

As for Smallville... well I'm a long-time Superman fan but the lengths that they have gone to with that show have surpassed artistic freedom. I definitely think it's time to die. Or at least bring Green Arrow on every week.