Wednesday, April 30, 2008

News of the Day -- Wednesday, April 30

+ AOL did a ranking of their top 50 TV comedies of all time. I guess I agree with most of them, although I would like to have a little love for "The Addams Family," "The Monkees" and Jack Benny's half-hour show, which still has the power to make me weep with laughter.

+ Also pilfered from USA Today's Pop Candy blog, this item about J.D. Salinger putting on his cranky pants over "Raiders of the Lost Ark." I bet Holden Caulfield would have liked it.

+ My friend Ms. C sent me this item on an R2D2 mechanics manual t-shirt and I think I love it:


Did anyone, by the way, see that terrible "Star Wars"-themed "Deal or No Deal" earlier this week? Wow. It just made me sad. I think it made special guest Carrie Fisher sad, too.

4 comments:

The Modern Gal said...

Hmmm, the list is good though I don't necessarily agree with the order -- of course I never do on lists.

But, it got me to hoping for a Best TV Spinoff list.

Anonymous said...

Has J.D. Salinger ever actually taken OFF his cranky pants?

Liz said...

Good point. And kinda scary to imagine.

Liz said...

Heck yes, Modern Gal. That'd be a great list.