Friday, March 21, 2008

News of the Day -- Friday, March 21

+ Tons of reports coming in this morning on last night's Paley Fest panel discussion with the cast of "Buffy." This one from "The Futon Critic" seemed the most comprehensive. From everything I've read, I think someone may need to decaffeinate Nicholas Brendon. I'm just sayin'...

+ How's this for a Magic Kingdom of Comedy? Tina Fey has just been cast in Ricky Gervais' directorial debut "This Side of Truth." As if that weren't enough to make me wag my tail in glee, the film also stars Christopher Guest, Jeffrey Tambor AND John Hodgman. My insides have turned to bliss.

+ If you haven't seen it yet, check out this parody of "Juno" penned by "Daily Show" scribe Rob Kutner, starring J.K. Simmons and directed by my friend Stephen Levinson:



And if you're suddenly thinking to yourself, wow, Liz's friends do some fine comedy work, you should check out Cap'n Wacky's Boatload of Fun humor site, which updates every Friday, and The City Desk, an ingenious site chronicling a slightly messed-up fictional city. Think "Hudsucker Proxy" meets Garrison Keillor meets the deadest of deadpan.

2 comments:

Jenn S. said...

The Tina Fey news is like, the best thing ever. Christopher Guest, too? Directed by Ricky Gervais? I'm trying to keep in a scream, here.

Funny Juno parody, by the way. And you know how I feel about that movie. ;)

Email me, Liz!

Anonymous said...

Makor is a jewish organization in NYC that tries to get young jews to meet up with each other and prevent the tribe from going extinct via intermarriage.

The Chinese bit is funny because Jews who do marry out are notorious for marrying Chinese people. Similar values, etc.