Friday, March 28, 2008

News of the Day -- Friday, March 28

+ Tahmoh Penikott, also known as Helo "I have pec-tastic abs" Agathon on "Battlestar Galactica," has been cast in Joss Whedon's new series, "Dollhouse." The nerd worlds have indeed collided, as this item's contributor Scrap Irony wrote in her e-mail. It's like the sci-fi equivalent of putting peanut butter with chocolate -- two great tastes that taste great together! Also, there are abs and pecs!

+ Looks like Thomas Edison was quite the little pokey pony with this whole "inventing" thing. A newly unearthed document purports to be the first-ever recording of a human voice, made in 1860, a full 17 years before Mr. Smarty Pants supposedly invented the phonograph. How can a document be a recording? Apparently, they used science or something to translate squiggly lines into sound. Or magic. One of those two.

+ In sad news, Herb Peterson has died. Who was Herb Peterson, you ask? Only the inventor of the Egg McMuffin, the single most delicious food item ever created until its greatness was usurped by the McGriddle WHICH COMPLETELY BLOWS MY MIND with its blood sugar-raising, coma-inducing awesomeness. Somewhere, God is thanking Mr. Peterson for making obesity just a little bit more delicious.

+ And finally, yesterday I promised a link to the first official X-Files 2 preview. Well, this was the best I could find. Hey, at least with this version you can pretend like you're actually in the auditorium with Chris Carter. He's probably stealing your popcorn, though, just FYI...

3 comments:

The Modern Gal said...

I would love to be remembered for something like the egg mcmuffin. How awesome would that be to have on your headstone?

Liz said...

I would LOVE to have that on my headstone. Reading his obituary made me really hungry, which is a sentence I don't think I've ever uttered before.

Anonymous said...

I will pretty much watch anything Joss Whedon makes so he doesn't have to go too far out of his way to draw me in. However, adding Tahmoh into the mix is a guarantee.

It's the wonderful, pec-tastic icing on an already scrumptous cake!