Monday, March 31, 2008

Let's Go Tigers!


Today, I'm doffing my girl nerd cap, putting on my Detroit Tigers cap and getting ready to root, root, root for my home team. Baseball is the only sport I truly care about, and this year, my Tigers are looking better than ever...and I am giddy as a school girl who just got a pony. A pony with rockets on it! This year is a bit more special than most, too, because it's my first foray into fantasy baseball. So now my tendency toward stat whore-dom will finally pay off -- I hope.

So, here's hoping your teams do great this year -- as long as they don't interfere with my Tigers' World Series, of course. Just kidding. Now go home, pop open those Cracker Jacks and enjoy!

4 comments:

The Modern Gal said...

Agreed, except go Cardinals.

Anonymous said...

Y'know, I always had the idea it was somehow un-nerdy to like sports. I'm from New York; this one of those regional things?

Anonymous said...

Sorry Liz, but I was born and raised a Royals fan .... (the tgr is for the Missouri Tigers)

Better luck tomorrow! (or not.) :)

Kimmer said...

Go, Tigers! (the title of my most recent blog post, incidentally) Too bad they choked away the Home Opener.