Thursday, March 27, 2008

News of the Day -- Thursday, March 27

+ A panel discussion on The X-Files took place yesterday at the Paley Fest. SciFi Wire has a recap. There's the promise of even more details at the Futon Critic's recap as well. Best of all, the first full-length preview for the new film was shown! I'm trying to find a good quality version of it and will post it up later today. Can I get a "woo" and "hoo" from the audience, please?

+ An interesting article on the shocking notion that male nerds can be in shape and hot. Still no word from the press on whether us nerdy ladies are towing the aesthetic line. Weenies.

+ Mark your calendars! This Thursday, April 3 is National Cheese Weasel Day! I don't even really care what the holiday is about. With that name alone, it has vaulted to the top of my "best holiday ever" list. Take that, Santa -- and, p.s., thanks a lot for never bringing me that Snoopy Sno-Cone Machine.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That article about the buff nerds made me laugh! My boyfriend is a 10 out of 10 on the nerd scale (He picked me up in a bar while wearing a Hellboy t-shirt for pete's sake!) but he's into working out and dressing fashionably (when appropriate). I won't front; I like a fit boy. He need not look like Ahnold (in fact, I prefer he doesn't), but I'm also not into the Simpson's Comic Book Guy look either and am glad my boy takes care of himself and won't eat anything out of the freezer case at 7-11.

Trey said...

Woo! Hoo!

Liz said...

Cubicalgirl, I agree that article was hilarious. The best part was the air of disbelief that perhaps -- perhaps! -- the cultural stereotypes might be wrong. Crazy, but very entertaining.

Liz said...

Amen, Trey!

Anonymous said...

I had the Snoopy SnoCone machine. It was very, very hard for a small person to crush the ice using that crank thingy.

qtilla said...

I agree, where is the companion article about cute chicks who just happen to read comics?

Anonymous said...

Wow, the Snoopy SnoCone machine! That really takes me back. I coveted one of those, too. Not as much as I wanted the X-Wing Fighter with the pop-open wings, but I wanted it. So I'm kind of enjoying a warm glow of schadenfreude at tgrfan23's difficulties with it.

Trey said...

Diamond Joe -

I had one of those X-wings! I strongly suspect my father secretly bought it for himself (I come by my geek honestly), but it wound up in my hands anyway. I loved that toy.

Jenn S. said...

Aw, yay for the extended teaser, but that's still not THE REAL THING. That's actually...still being worked out by Fox, who's having a hissy fit over dumb shit instead of getting it done.

PLEASE can it be July yet! (email forthcoming, Liz!)