Monday, March 10, 2008

A year? Why, it seems like Day 364 was just yesterday...

Today (well, yesterday technically) is the one-year anniversary of The Park Bench. I've been wracking my brains trying to think of something spectacular to do in celebration -- fireworks, pony rides, naughty pictures of nerdy men -- but I realized that really what I wanted to do was say thank you to everyone who has read this blog, written for this blog and supported it over the last year. I've enjoyed all your comments, all your contributions and all your great ideas, and most of all, it's been wonderful to discover how many other nerdy women (and men) are out there. I feel like I've walked into a great party filled with fabulous people in festive hats. And nothing says "party" like festive hats!

It's been a great year, and I'm looking forward to more fun with all of you.*


* Especially the folks who find this blog by Googling "Tina Fey's boobs." I always feel bad about how disappointed you must be. But then I kinda laugh. Sorry.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!! :)

I'm glad you're here, too!

Florinda said...

Happy 1st blogoversary from one nerdy woman who's really glad you're here!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say happy birthday. I've been a secret lurker on your sight for several months now. I discovered you right around the time Nathen Fillion was named your nerd man of the month. We have very similar taste in just about everything and I really enjoy your posts. Your thoughts on the movie Juno were great and your list of nerd woman demands to presidential canidates(make Mary McDonnell secretary of education...just incase)just about made me wet my pants with laughter.

You're site is full of lots of great stuff that keeps me coming back but lets face it...you had me at Nathen Fillion :-)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your insights and opinions with us! They're often bemusing and always amusing.

Liz said...

Thanks everyone for the kind words. You're the best!

mamacita said...

Thanks for writing! I enjoy the hell out of your blog, and link to it often.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Happy Anniversary! I don't even remember now how I found this site, but I'm so glad I did. Nerdy women of the world unite!

Belle Ecrivaine said...

Happy Anniversary!

You've been amusing this nerdy woman for some time now, and I'm all the happier for it.

Here's to many more nerdy years!

Anonymous said...

I googled "Tina Fey's boobs" and got nothin'!

Thanks anyway. Love yer blog!

Spencer

qtilla said...

You get "Tina Fey's boobs" I get "seattle sex larp". Trade ya.

Happy Anniversary! It is nice to enjoy nerdgirlishness with you. Thanks!!!!