Friday, April 04, 2008

Is this the show with the Klingons?

Liveblogging the season premiere of Battlestar Galactica:

9:59
I'm comfortably seated and ready to go. Show me spaceships!

10:02
Frak still sounds like a weird card game to me.

10:03
Starbuck's been to Earth and I picture a whole mess of Taco Bell wrappers and empty Pringles jars in her cockpit. Isn't that what everyone eats on a roadtrip?

10:04
Tigh seems tense what with the "shooting my best friend" hallucinations

10:05
Man, how the hell do they afford the special effects on this show??

10:08
Did Anders just get voodoo'd by the Big Red Eye of Mr. Cylon? It's like in the movies when the innocent guy is seduced by the vixen with just one look...except for Anders it's a flying toaster.

Wouldn't it be great if Cylons really did make toast? And maybe jam?

10:14
Really, honestly, seriously -- how stupid do you have to be to envision Gaius as a deity? He's wearing an orange blanket for cryin' out loud! It's so...tacky.

10:16
Brrr...is it cold in here or did that saucy dead little minx Starbuck just walk in?

10:18
How awkward -- my shrine to Baltar has blinking Christmas tree lights too. Damn.

10:21
Oh Gaius...."I feel empty when I pray to the gods." Wocka wocka....

10:24
Wow, the newbie cylons are all turning on Kara. That is so not nice. Glass houses, people, glass houses!!!! It's a religious reference -- go ask Gaius when he's done boffing his acolyte.

10:28
I don't think I'd want a naked Gaius healing my kid. I don't even want to ask where his stethoscope is. Ewww.

10:32
Ooh, the Five are close, Six says. Maybe they're the ones who have been doing her hair and makeup while she's been in lock up.

10:35
Come on, Adama. Listen to Kara -- she knows where Earth is. I like that she gives directions the way I do: "I know the Dairy Queen is up ahead somewhere. No, I don't know where exactly but I think it might be up past that tree. I sense the ice cream, just keep going!"

Commercials:
Iron Man. Heh, I can't tell you how tickled I am by the idea of Robert Downey Jr. as a superhero. My brain just so resists the idea yet I can't turn away....

10:40
"We're staying on course and following the president's lead...BECAUSE SHE'S MY GIRLFRIEND." Oh, Bill. Dude, you're whipped like butter.

10:43
*rubbing my eyes* What's Gaius doing? His clothes are on and he's looking earnest. Holy shit, I think he's getting a conscience. I'm sure it'll pass. Right?

10:46
Oh thank God, the beard is gone.

10:46
Oh thank God, he's getting his ass kicked. I can't help it -- I love Gaius but he needs to get his ass kicked from time to time.

Commercials:
The secret lives of women on WE, eh? Yeah, my secret life involves buying kitty litter and not getting enough sleep. Where's my TV show?

10:52
Wow, Gaius saved the kid. And we thought his ego was big before. It's going to suck sitting next to him at parties.

10:54
Um, Anders, ixnay on the Cylon-talk with Kara.

10:55
Anders: "C'mon, Kara, we gotta find you a rack." Heh, boob joke.

10:56
Kara, do not touch the president!

10:57
I am very mad at Kara right now. That is no way to treat my straight-girl crush. Plus, just FYI, Bill's gonna kill her.

Okay, that was pretty good. I enjoyed it. I don't know if it lived up to 11 months worth of expectations, but it sure moved the story along and it was nice to see all my imaginary friends back. Welcome back robots and self-involved humans, I've missed you.

6 comments:

Nightfall said...

It is nice to see them again, and this time with possibility of some resolution to the story!

Ahhhhh, now if we could only speed up the week til the next episode...

Liz said...

Yes, I can't wait until next week's episode although I'm rather worried about the president. I guess I should be more worried about Kara, though. Avoid airlocks at all costs!

stephenlevinson said...

it's times like these I wish I had cable. Tony gave me season 1 and 2 on DVD so I'm playing catchup now. Then I guess I'll buy this season on iTunes.

Letishue said...

Oh Starbuck, that's a very bad plan. Very bad. I must confess I've only just started watching BSG this week, but thinks to SciFi and my magic VCR (yes, I still live in the Dark Ages. Why do you ask?) I'm pretty much caught up and definately kicking myself for not watching it from the start. Oh space show how are you so good?

Liz said...

Glad you found BSG! I think you're right about Starbuck. She's made, shall we say, a bad choice. :)

emily said...

Yeah, my secret life involves buying kitty litter and not getting enough sleep. Where's my TV show?

Loved the whole thing, but THIS almost made me choke on my popcorn. Sadly it's my secret life too...