Monday, April 21, 2008

News of the Day -- Monday, April 21

+ Pop Candy has a cool write-up on a new book called Secret Lives of Great Authors. The write-up includes an exclusive excerpt on everyone's favorite reclusive authorial whack-job (and I say that with great love) J.D. Salinger.

+ You know how we Earth-dwelling people are rather sloppy, what with the overflowing landfills and plastic bottle filled oceans? Well, hey, Treehugger's got an article on space junk, along with some disturbing images:



+ GamesRadar tallied up a list of their top 15 video games with the best stories. I feel sad that they didn't include the passionate, agonizing love story of Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man and their unfortunate dalliance with Pong, but that's just me.

+ I'm all about the lists today. Did you see Discovery Channel's list of the top ten science hoaxes? Once I took some cleansing breathes over the "there's no such thing as global warming" arguments in the comments, I found it quite fascinating.

No comments: