Tuesday, April 15, 2008

News of the Day -- Tuesday, April 15

+ Entertainment Weekly has a terrific article on Tina Fey in their latest issue. She claims her four greatest acting talent are: "Eye-rolling; the ability to eat food on camera in real time; I think I'm a decent straight man. Do I have a fourth move? Um, unpleasant dancing."

+ Newsweek has a review of MTV's 12,000th new reality show, "The Paper," which follows the staff of a high school newspaper -- hence, I guess, the title. Apparently, all the nerdy young journalists are mean, which I think is great. As the reviewer writes, "These aren't the gorgeous people who will be pumping your gas in 20 years. They are the nerds who will be shredding your résumé." That totally makes me want to watch this show even though I'm about 70 years too old for the demographic.

+ A brief recap of the legal battle between J.K. Rowling and the Michigan dude who penned the Potter lexicon. Ten bucks he asks for an autograph before the trial's over. I'm not quite sure how I feel about this whole thing -- it seems a bit David and Goliath to me, of course, but on the other hand, where do you draw the line on copyright protection? I need Dumbledore to sort this out for me.

1 comment:

Nightfall said...

Okay, I know this is off topic, but it qualifies as news of the day in my world.

There are Lego versions of some Eddie Izzard bits (should be a nerdy man of the month nominee).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv5iEK-IEzw

Fantastico!