Friday, April 04, 2008

News of the Day -- Friday, April 4

+ Salon kinda, sorta liked "Leatherheads," which opened today. I'm a sucker for any movie set in the 1920s -- hell, it could be about dog catchers and I'd be marveling at how much more sophisticated dog catching was in the 1920s what with the hats and the Cole Porter. Plus this movie stars George Clooney and John Krasinski. Enough said, I believe.

+ Vroom, vroom. Mario Kart Wii comes out on April 26. And if you want to buy a couch, a large pizza and 400 frozen fish sticks when you pick up your copy, you can check out the Sam's Club midnight launch in the wee early morning hours of that day. I plan on waiting until the sun rises to pick up my copy, but that's mostly because I'm old. And already well-stocked on fish sticks.

+ The new preview for "Hellboy 2" is out. It looks like director Guillermo Del Toro may have spilled a little "Labrynth" into the mix, not that I'm complaining.

+ And don't forget, tonight at 10 p.m. is the season 4 premiere of "Battlestar Galactica." If you're interested, I'll be liveblogging the event (although I know most everyone will already have watched it online by then). Mostly, it'll consist of me going, "What? Who? Huh? Mary McDonnell ruuuuulezz...."

1 comment:

Kirstin said...

Lalala BSG. I actually blocked the noon hour off on my schedule for Battlestar watching.

and speaking of:
http://headtripcomics.comicgenesis.com/d/20080331.html