Thursday, April 17, 2008

News of the Day -- Thursday, April 17

+ Stan Lee is launching a new superhero franchise called "Legion of Five." It'll start out as a series of animated films but games, merchandising and new sets of Underoos will follow shortly.

+ The title of the new X-Files movie has been announced. It's going to be "Fox Mulder and Shia LeBouef's Kingdom of the Crystal Skull." Just kidding. It's "The X-Files: I Want To Believe." Meh. I don't care either way. I'll just call it "Mulder and Scully: Ten Feet Tall," which is what I called the last one too because it's totally descriptive and true.

+ If you like to hear authors talk about their work when it's not at a cocktail party and they're not being patronizing, then check out titlepage.tv, which features hour-long round table talks with top authors. Actually, I enjoy listening to writers blather on even when there's wine and cheese involved, so this could be a really great site.

No comments: