Friday, April 18, 2008

News of the Day -- Friday, April 18

+ When I saw the EW headline "Titans Talk" I was hoping it was a Ray Harryhausen-style sequel to "Clash of the Titans." Imagine my disappointment when it only turned out to be an awesome interview with Steven Spielberg and George Lucas about Indiana Jones, special effects technology and much more. Still no blanket apology for ewoks, though.

+ Don't forget to watch John Oliver's stand-up special, "Terrifying Times," this Sunday on Comedy Central. Here's a little teaser:



He's funny and pretty.

+ Sci-Fi will be running tonight's new BSG episode, "The Ties That Bind," eight times today on their website starting at 9 a.m. EST (aka NOW!). This apparently might be the last time they do these preview showings, which means my Friday lunch hours are going to suck all over again.

+ Also, did you know that Angel's Amy Acker has been cast in a recurring role on Joss Whedon's new Dollhouse series? How'd I miss that one?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well you better get on watching that BSG while sitting at home today because there is Tigers and Red Wings on tonight that will most assuredly interfere with your viewing of that show.

Love,

Your accommodating Husband

Chewbob said...

ASLKDJFLASKJFLKAJF FRED WILL BE ON DOLLHOUSE??? I cannot wait for this show. SERIOUSLY. I'm so freaking excited about it.